- 1 Auditorium
- Capacity: 1784
Large venue well-suited for Keynote Speakers, Concerts, Talent Shows, and more.
Mailing Address: 203 S. Ninth St., Columbia, Mo, 65211
1784 Total Capacity before below kills/holds
- Tech kills= 77 seats for touring consoles
- 30 MU manager comps must be made available for all ticketed shows (12 within the first 15 rows on floor), prior to announce. Released if not used by day of show.
- 12 FOH comps must be made available for all ticketed shows within the first 10 rows, prior to announce
- 24 removable seats at front of floor center section closest to the stage (can choose to have available for sale or not, depending on the show needs)
Box Office Ticketing Services
The facility rental fee does not include event ticketing services through the Venue Box. There is an eight-week setup time for box office services. Basic box office services include setup within the ticketing system, providing ticket links to the organization for online ticket purchasing, direct box office sales (by phone or walk-up) during regular business hours, ticket handling and distribution, will call and ticket stock:
- Missouri sales tax- Missouri state sales tax at the rate of 9.75% will be withheld on all sales. Sales tax must be included in the ticket price and cannot be passed directly to the consumer.
- Credit card fee- A 3 percent fee on all credit card sales will be paid out of ticket revenue and cannot be passed directly to the consumer.
Ticket fees as below apply to all tickets. The facility fee applies regardless of ticketing method.
- $3 service fee (from third party provider)
- $3 facility fee
- Advertised prices from University Concert Series include Facility fees, Service fees, and promotor bumps.
Parking fee at Jesse Auditorium: University Parking applies a $0.50 fee per person in attendance to all ticketed events.
Contracted labor: Any service that requires outside contracted labor will be billed directly to the organization.
Merchandise fees: The venue receives 20 percent of all merchandise sales. If the organization needs the venue to provide sellers, the venue receives 35 percent of all merchandise sales.
Load Zone: Load in door is 8’ (2.43m) x 10’9” (3.3m) with a concrete ramp into the parking lot. Please note that there is no loading dock. Door opens directly into the stage right wing. 2 trucks can be accommodated at once in the parking lot. Theater can provide ramp from lot into door. Trucks may remain parked at load door. Auditorium staff does not control access to parking lot.
- Proscenium opening: 54’10” (16.7m) wide x 20’ (6.1m) high
- Upstage wall to plaster (on center): 34’7” (10.4m)
- Plaster to downstage lip (on center): 8’2” (29.6m)
- Grid Height: 47’ (14.3m)
- Stage to House floor (vertical): 3’6” (1.1m)
- Orchestra Pit Depth (from house floor): 2’6″ (0.8m)
- Stage right wing space (approx.): 15’ (4.6m) wide x 22’ (6.7m) deep
- Stage left wing space (approx.): 13’ (4.0m) wide x 25’ (7.6m) deep
Stage Floor: Stage floor is painted black sprung wood, white oak laid over sleepers on concrete.
Trap: 12’11” (3.7m) long x 3’11” (1.2m) wide at center stage. (Trap is the only freight access to basement and dressing rooms).
- Lighting: ETC Ion; 248 2.4kW dimmers, 12 6.0kW dimmers
- Sound: 32 Channel Midas M32 Digital Mixing Console w/ DL 32 stage box