Caterers – Not Qualified

Using a caterer on the Qualified Caterer List has many benefits, but if one on the list won’t work out, there are steps to take to meet campus policy when using caterers are not on the list. The following are campus recommendations or requirements:

  • Need to obtain food permits
  • Collect the certificate of insurance and catering license from the caterer(s) if the event is on University property
  • Quotes and agreements must be reviewed by Procurement; if catering services are at $10,000 or more, you must source a total of 2 additional quotes before an agreement can be signed by Procurement
  • Payments made via PO or check have terms of Net30 from invoice date (money may not be sent to the entity for 30 days)

*Alcohol at events have different requirements.